Webinar: Improving the diagnosis and management of kidney disease in hyperthyroid cats
Presented by Dr. Jennifer Ogeer (DVM, MSc, MBA)
Watch our free of charge webinar on improving the diagnosis and management of kidney disease in hyperthyroid cats presenter by Dr. Jennifer Ogeer. The clinical findings and diagnostic tools available to more reliably diagnose kidney disease in hyperthyroid cats will be reviewed. Treatment options and management goals for cats with concurrent chronic kidney disease (CKD) and hyperthyroidism will be emphasized.
Duration: 60 min
- Describe the clinical features of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and feline hyperthyroidism, noting where they overlap.
- Identify the challenges of recognizing kidney disease in hyperthyroid cats.
- Review the IDEXX SDMA Test and why it is a more reliable indicator of kidney function than traditional diagnostics in hyperthyroid cats.
- Review in depth the management goals and treatment options for cats with concurrent CKD and hyperthyroidism.
- Clinical cases will illustrate how SDMA can help in diagnosis and management of CKD in hyperthyroid cats.