Accurate and quantifiable overnight results
- Results in 24 hours.
- Detect enterococci contamination in half the time of standard methods.
- Eliminate tedious membrane filtration work: no confirmations, no transfer steps, no filtering required.
- Developed for the European market and correlates with the EU Bathing Water Directive standard method for enterococci, ISO 7899-1.
- No media preparation.
- No autoclaving.
- No colony counting.
- No glassware cleaning.
- Less than 1 minute of hands-on time.
- Complete results in 24 hours.
- Correlates with ISO Method 7899-1.
- Sensitive to 1 enterococci/100 mL.
- Enumerates up to 2,419 enterococci per 100 mL without dilutions (with Quanti-Tray/2000).
- Eliminates the subjective interpretation found in traditional methods.
- Up to 12-month shelf life minimises waste.
- 24-hour test saves incubator space.
How the Enterolert-E Test works
The Enterolert-E Test uses the IDEXX proprietary Defined Substrate Technology (DST) nutrient indicator to detect enterococci. This nutrient indicator fluoresces when metabolised by enterococci. DST improves accuracy and avoids the need for hazardous sodium azide suppressants used in traditional media.
How to use
How to use the Enterolert-E Test
Add reagent to sample.
Seal using Quanti-Tray Sealer and incubate for 24 hours at 41°C ± 0.5°C.
Count fluorescent wells and refer to the most probable number (MPN) table.
Frequently asked questions
The Enterolert-E Test was developed for use in Europe. It correlates with the EU Bathing Water Directive standard method, ISO 7899-1.
Some species of enterococci that the Enterolert-E Test detects are: faecalis, faecium, avium, gallinarum, casseliflavis, and durans.
The Enterolert-E Test reagent powder should be tan in colour; it should be dry and free-flowing. Any concerns about the colour or integrity of the powder should be directed to IDEXX Technical Support.
Yes, the Enterolert-E Test can be run with Quanti-Tray, Quanti-Tray/2000 or any multiple-tube format.
There is no comparator for the Enterolert-E Test. For comparison, use a negative control when interpreting results.
Resources & Tools
Tests & Accessories
Search the Water Tests & Accessories tool
IDEXX Water has reference materials and approval documents to support the many products in our water portfolio. Find the document(s) you need by selecting the link below.
Search the Reference & Regulatory Documents tool
Enterolert-E Test (20-test pack)
Catalogue Number: WENTE020
Enterolert-E Test (200-test pack)
Catalogue Number: WENTE200
Snap pack and Quanti-Tray bundles are available.
Water Customer Support
IDEXX Technologies Ltd Units 1B & 1C
Newmarket Business Park
Studlands Park Avenue
Newmarket, Suffolk, CB87ER
Tel: 01638 676800