Collection and Recycling Arrangements in the Netherlands
English | Nederlands
Under the Dutch Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Management Regulations which came into force on January 1st 2005, IDEXX is responsible to provide arrangements for collection, treatment, recycling and recovery of the following equipment:
- Any electrical and electronic equipment that you bought from IDEXX before August 13th 2005 (referred to as Historic WEEE), which is being replaced by a new piece of equipment bought from IDEXX; and Any new electrical and electronic equipment that you buy from IDEXX after August 13th 2005, when that new equipment eventually becomes waste (referred to as New WEEE).
- For any other waste electrical and electronic equipment bought before August 13th 2005 which is being replaced by an item of IDEXX electrical and electronic equipment, the environmentally sound disposal of this other equipment is the customer's responsibility.
- The discarder shall finance the management of waste electrical and electronic equipment from sources other than private households, concerning the collection and transport, insofar as the equipment in question was discarded by him and was put on the market after August 13th 2005, on contrary to the provisions of article 12, subsection 1 of the WEEE management regulation.
IDEXX products are very competitively priced. Any new increase in operating costs for manufacturers such as IDEXX is normally reflected in a price increase in the product. However, instead of increasing the prices of our products, IDEXX has decided to share these new environmental costs directly with our customers. We believe in being transparent with you on any new environmental costs that our products need to address.
Our approach to sharing these new environmental costs is:
- IDEXX pays for the costs of treatment, recycling and recovery of the WEEE to meet the targets set by the WEEE Management Regulations.
- IDEXX pays for the costs of data management and reporting to the Ministry of Spatial Planning, Housing and The Environment (VROM) to demonstrate compliance with all administrative requirements of the WEEE Management Regulations.
- You pay for transportation of your WEEE to IDEXX's appointed recycler in the Netherlands.
IDEXX has established a recycling contract with the European Advanced Recycling Network (EARN) and will cover any costs of treatment, recycling and recovery of the equipment on arrival at the EARN recycling facility in the Netherlands. All New WEEE that arises from the purchase of IDEXX products is classed as non-hazardous waste.
It is your responsibility to arrange and pay for costs of collection and transportation to the recycler.
For larger quantities of waste, you may want to contact the recycler directly to arrange and pay for alternative collection methods.
Notice to Customers
Cost of Collection of IDEXX WEEE
To the extent permitted by applicable national law, customer is solely responsible for the cost of collection and delivery of New EEE and/or Historic WEEE to the recycler's address specified by IDEXX, in compliance with European Community Directive 2002/96/EC and applicable national law. This applies to electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) put on the European market by IDEXX after 13 August 2005 (New EEE), as well as all EEE put on the European market before 13 August 2005 (known as Historic WEEE) which becomes waste as a result of a purchase of New EEE from IDEXX after 13 August 2005. If Customer resells IDEXX EEE to a third party, Customer shall ensure that this paragraph is included in a written contractual arrangement governing the sale to the third party. Customer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless IDEXX, its resellers and distributors, and its specified compliance scheme provider – ENVIRON B2B WEEE Scheme or such other compliance scheme provider as IDEXX may from time to time specify – from and against all claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of Customer’s failure to comply fully with its obligations under this paragraph.
Third Party Equipment
With respect to third-party instruments or other equipment sold by IDEXX, but which is not IDEXX-branded, please consult the equipment list on the “label recycling page”. If the equipment is included in the list on that page, then IDEXX is responsible for providing recycling instructions. If the equipment is not listed on that page, then a third party (either the manufacturer or the manufacturer’s distributor in your country) is responsible for providing any required recycling instructions. Equipment for which a third party is responsible includes, among other things, printers and computers. To obtain recycling instructions for this equipment, please visit the corresponding Web site of the relevant equipment manufacturer or otherwise contact such manufacturer. IDEXX is not responsible for recycling such third-party equipment, and the user of such equipment agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless IDEXX and its resellers and distributors from and against all claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of the recycling of those items.